Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm not going back!

The past month has flown by, filled with challenges and successes. I'm not quite where I thought I'd be at this point in the challenge, but I have progressed and need to remember that even slow progress is progress.


The middle of April our family went to the East Coast for my father's memorial service and for a little vacation. It was wonderful showing my family the areas where I lived while growing up and seeing extended family we haven't seen in several years. We walked around the Mall area in Washington, DC and I raced my 8-year-old daughter up the steps to the Lincoln Memorial. She beat me by a step, but a few months ago I would have elected to use the elevator! While my family was struggling with leg fatigue due to all the walking, I felt great. It was a beautiful day and I just loved all the walking and site-seeing. I'm so thankful for the changes happening with my body. I'm thankful to be strong and able to endure more than I could before this challenge. I don't want to go back to the way I was - and I won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment