Monday, March 30, 2009

Life Happens!

During the past week and a half things have occurred that made it difficult to fit exercise in each day and to eat plenty of healthy food. Sick children and spouse (of course one at a time!) kept me home when I wanted to be at the gym. I've noticed when I don't exercise, I tend to crave more "junk" food - sweets and high fat items. It was very hard to stay on track and I felt badly for it. Then I thought about what I read in "Intuitive Eating" about feeling guilty for eating an apparently "forbidden food". No food is forbidden and we need to stop feeing badly when we eat something we feel we shouldn’t. I began to equate that with exercise. I did the best I could under the circumstances. I'm making these changes for a lot longer than just the 100 days of this challenge. Life will happen for the rest of my life. I just need to accept that, pick up where I left off, and move on. There should be no guilt involved. The family is now healthy and I'm getting back on track this week, without beating myself up over last week's experiences. It's all OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment