Friday, March 6, 2009

Sabotage!

It's been a difficult couple of days nutrition-wise. A very thoughtful member of my family brought home a Costco-size bucket of Oreo Dark Chocolate Bark and left me alone with it! (Can you say, "sabotage"?) I thought I could handle having just one piece. No, that stuff is addicting! I had to remove it from the house to keep myself from eating half the bucket. My husband works in an office where people bring treats all the time so, I took it there and all was well - or so I thought! Having that little taste of heaven brought back all kinds of cravings for sweets. I've really been enjoying my healthier diet and hadn't missed the high sugar/high fat treats until I ate some. I was tempted to just blow off the entire day, but instead gathered my strength, wrote down the Oreo Bark in my food journal (guessing it had a million calories) and endured. Going to exercise with Kelli really helped me get back on track! Today, I still was craving junk and again, exercised helped.


It has been so helpful to have Kelli monitor the level of my workouts. Previously when I'd start exercising I would overdo it and be too tired and sore to exercise the rest of the week. It really made me not like exercise. This has been a much better experience. She works me hard and I sure sweat, but I'm not so sore I can't move the next day. I look forward to my daily exercise. I only meet with Kelli twice a week but use those workouts as guidelines for my own exercise routines on the other days of the week. I can't believe I like exercise. My family is in shock!

2 comments:

  1. I've been sabotaged in the past and worried about it for this challenge, but have been fortunate so far. Goodies at work are the worst temptation, but the people I work with are changing what they eat too and we have green smoothies (spinach, grapes, bananas, pineapple, and mango) instead of chocolate. Congratulations on not letting a bump in the road throw you off track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to me that after you go without something unhealthy -- you don't really want it any more -- until, like you said - you re-introduce it into your memory. Yikes! I know what I have to watch out for -- it's chocolate. Nothing else appeals to me anymore. I like to eat dried mangoes (costco) or dried cherries for my sweet connection. But they're not always around. Way to go Sandi!

    ReplyDelete